Monday, October 29, 2012

Sick Day Monday


I have not been feeling well the last couple days, and by last night I was determined that I had strep throat.  So I self diagnosed myself and started a round of antibiotics that my doctor had given me this time last year, that I did not use.  The pills were a little bit puffy, like moisture had gotten to them, but I thought it was better than nothing.  My sweet husband decided, without me asking or nagging this morning, that he was going to work from home and help with the little kids.  He gets awesome husband of the year award today!!!  I decided that since I had an extra set of hands, and that the puffy antibiotics I had started taking last night might not be such a great idea, that I would go to the walk in clinic this morning.  The verdict was not strep throat, but a sinus infection!  Got some update antibiotics, and something good to help me sleep tonight!  One of the perks of no longer nursing 14 month old twins is that I get to take advantage modern day medicine, and two I am not nursing toddlers!!! 

Anyway when I got home Ryan’s work had blown up and he asked if he could go into the office.  So the three little kids and I just took it easy.  I was hoping for a 4 hour nap (not sure why I would hope for this since they have never napped that long in their life), but we settled for no nap at all, and fun in the ball pit. 



We played in the moon sand.

 
We looked so cute in brother’s PJ’s, because I failed to mention that we stayed in our PJ’s all day long.

Then we made my Aunt Shirley’s Sausage Casserole.  It is so good, it reminds me of my childhood, and my momma cooking.  I posted the recipe below.


Then I decided that we have gotten our money out of these PJ’s….  Four kids are probably too many for the same pair of PJ’s!



Aunt Shirley’s Sausage Casserole:
1 box of Hot Roll Mix
2 pound of mild sausage
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
8 oz of Swiss cheese
1 small onion
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon of water

Make Hot Roll Mix as directed, and set aside and let rise for about 30 minutes. 

Sautee onion and sausage (about 10 minutes), and then add two eggs and Swiss cheese, and parsley.

Take 2/3’s of the Hot Roll Mix and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9”x13” dish.  Reserve the remaining for lattice work on top of the casserole.  Fill the pan with your meat mixture.  Cut the remaining Hot Roll Mix into about 12 pieces and roll them out into ropes.  Place them on top of the sausage casserole in a lattice pattern.

Mix the Egg Yolk and water, and spread on top of the lattice work with a pastry brush.

Cook on 375 for about 20-25 minutes.  Yum Yum

No comments: