Friday, August 26, 2011

Addison and Preston - Miracle Babies











Addison and Preston made their appearance this morning via c-section at 37 weeks gestation. Addison was first to be delivered at 7:51 and Preston was second at 7:52. Addison weighed 5 lb 3 oz, 18 and 1/2 in. long, and Preston is 5 lb 8 oz, and 19 and 1/4 in. long. They are both healthy and perfect babies. We thank everyone for their prayers and help in getting them here.

Our Twin Pregnancy History:
The last 37 weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions.  Starting at 12 weeks gestation when Dr. Seale confirmed that we were having twins.  As most know we were not expecting baby number 3 so when we found out that we were pregnant with 3 and 4 at the same time we were a little bit shocked to say the very least!  But we know that God never gives us more than we can handle, and we have held onto that.  Plus we had the best OB doctor who supported us and who really helped us through the process. 
Then at 20 weeks gestation at our in depth ultrasound we were told that Baby A (our precious little Addison) had a dark spot in her heart and it potentially could by a sign of Down Syndrome.  And we were told that there was a mass growing on the placenta between both babies – the doctor said it might be cancer.  We needed to go to Little Rock to have a level 2 ultra sound preformed.  Oh Lord our world felt like it was falling in all around us.  This same night I confronted Ryan and told him that I prayed desperately for twins if we were ever to have a third child.  Oh how I wanted twins, but this was the first time Ryan had heard this!!  He was so wonderful and so in love with both of his babies that he had never met, he just held my hand and we prayed together all night long.
At 24 weeks we had our Level 2 ultra sound and the dark spot in Addison heart was no longer there, and the mass between the babies checked out to be normal.  Praise the Lord more prayers answered!  Thank you all of our prayer warriors, including Nene and Poppy who stayed home all day from work this day and prayed together. 

Then at 25 weeks I started having contractions that I could not get to stop.  We headed to the ER, and were told that I was dilating, and I was put on modified bed rest.  I started working half days, and spending the other half of the day in bed.
By 27 weeks I was still not able to control the contractions, and they were happening all the time all day long.  By this point I was already having weekly high risk doctor appointments.  Dr. Seale5checked me and said that my cervix had gone from hard to soft in a matter of one week.  At this point I was to quit working and I was put on 100% bed rest at 27 weeks pregnant.  Our goal was to get to at least 31 weeks before our babies made their appearance into this world.  It was a trying time for our family, for my doctor only gave me clearance to take a shower and have dinner with my family.  I was not allowed to make dinner, but I could eat dinner with them.  Wow what stress to put on the rest of the family.  Thankfully my mom had moved in with us and was a huge help.

Praise the Lord again – we made it to 34 weeks before we had anymore scares!  At 34 weeks I went into labor, and so we headed back to the Willow Creek ER.  I was told that both babies were in position (head down) which was the first time they had been in this position during the whole pregnancy, and I was dilated to a 2 now.  They gave me lots of horrible medicine to make the labor stop.  Hours passed and I had progressed to a 3.  By this point the doctor ordered a second round of medicine to stop my labor.  This time it worked and my labor stopped.  I was sent home.  Praise the Lord!!!!  Our babies where still in their hiddy hole.  At this point each day in my tummy was 2.5 days less in the NICU.

Oh yea I would be remiss not to mention the 7 nights that I spend in the hospital between 28 weeks and 30 weeks pregnant with kidney stones.  And the surgery I had to undergo while I was 30 week pregnant so they could put in a ureteral stint because the stones were too big to pass.  And the three weeks of absolute complete misery after this because of the pain from the stint.  Blessings that nothing went wrong form the anastasia or from the surgery.

After being on bed rest for 12 weeks I finally delivered two healthy wonderful babies at 37 weeks gestation.  They are simply perfect and I don’t know how Ryan and I have ever been so very blessed, or how we ever lived life without them.  Our family is finally complete!  Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.  
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Congratulations! You are so blessed. I can't wait to meet them!