Saturday, January 30, 2010
Emma you are so much like your daddy in that you love to be outside and busy. You don’t’ care if it is cold or raining or sunny you just want to be tramping around outside. You are loving this snow. You keep putting your snow boots on and walking over to the door and crying so that we will bring you out! And Taylor you are just like your momma and you hate to be cold and could care less about being outside, but we did enjoy sledding today so that is all that counts. Hopefully we are creating lots of really fond memories!!!
Friday, January 29, 2010
A really big pot!
2 pounds of cooked ground beef (I prefer turkey)
2 Cans Dark red kidney beans
2 Cans Light red kidney beans
2 Cans of Black beans
Whole tomatoes (or diced – or what ever is in you pantry)
2 cans Rotel – the kind with the cilantro
1 Can of Tomato Sause
1 chopped onion
2 packs taco seasoning
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of cumin
And what ever other Mexican spices you have and want to use
I always garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, and Frito chips. Enjoy!
Funny story: I was on a conference call with my VP earlier, who is in CO, and he knew that I was iced in. To wrap up the call he said, “are there any closing comments from the ice princess.” I seems to only ice here! I am actually looking forward to that fact that I have to be in Phoenix Sunday – Wednesday of this week. I am hopping that I come back and bring the warmth with me.
Saying lots of words
Doing animal noises
Identifying all of your body parts
Pulling your hair out of all of you ponytails!
Giggling and getting into everything with your cousin Lucy
But most of all each day you are becoming more independent than the last.
You are an amazing little girl and I can’t wait to see what the world holds for you. Your mommy and daddy love you little girl, and would just ask that you QUIT GROWING UP SO VERY FAST. Happy 18 Months Old my sweet little girl!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Even thought I have been exhausted all day today I did get to step away and have lunch with my dear old friend Candice. You might recognize the name, but Candice is the one that made all of the letters for my sister and me (pictured in the upper right hand corner of my blog). Candice actually used to work on my team at Wal-Mart Transportation, and I had the opportunity to mentor Candice, and now we are really dear friends. Candice is now the most amazing young/professional lady I know. She has so much potential and drive and I am so very proud of her and all of her accomplishments!!! I wish that I could scan in and show you Taylor’s baby scrapbook that Candice finished for me. It is truly amazing – she gave it to me a lunch today and I am so thrilled with it. You guys will just have to stop by the house and see it.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Side note - I have to tell you all that this was the best movie I have seen in a very long time. It was amazing, and I did not even get to finish watching it. I can’t wait to buy it on DVD.
Thank goodness Aunt Emily is now officially back in town. She has been able to keep Taylor during the day so I can go to work.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Looking back on 2009:
* Get promoted at work - accomplished
* Loose 10 Pounds – not quite, but started exercising religiously
* Be a better more genuine friend – continually try to do this
* Stop popping fingers – not anywhere close
Resolutions for 2010:
* Be a better mom and try not to yell at my children (Taylor that is). I love Taylor and he is a good kid but sometimes he doe not listen (or take me serous) so I feel that the only way to get his attention is to yell, and I feel really bad about it, but I do not believe in spanking and timeout has become a joke. Ryan and I stared making Taylor run laps in the back yard about a month ago and it has seemed to help, but I continually need to work on being more patient.
* Be a better more genuine friend – I want to try to remember to do this for the rest of my life.
* Stop popping fingers – maybe if I right it down and speak it allowed I would stop – or maybe my friends will hold me accountable.
* As always, be a better Christian. I would like to read and study my bible more often, and become more comfortable witnessing to people. My mother-in-love is the best witness to God and all his glory, and I would like to be more like her in this area of my life. I was taking and really enjoying a Bible study class this fall, but had to quit due to my travel schedule. I am afraid that at this point in my life my travel is not going to slow down any, so I am going to have to find a new way to study the bible. (Any suggestions?)
* Of course loose weight – I would like to loose 11 pounds and I think I would feel really good about myself.
On a side note I wish I had a picture of us coming back home because it was quite humorous. We traded cars with my mom so we could get all three of the car seats in the car to come back home with (she drives a ginormous Ford, Excursion). Unfortunately she did not have the third row of seat in it, so poor Emily had to ride in the very back of the car on the floorboard. I am sure that we could have been arrested for the behavior, but I think it brought back memories for Emily for that is how she spent most of her childhood in the car.
Beautiful Cousin Laurie (Laurie has always been one of my closest friends in life):