Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Funny Taylor Story


Last night as Taylor and I were going up stairs to bed he walked into his room, with me following behind him.  Well he made it into this room about 2 feet and then quickly backed up and said “Lady’s First.”  I was so proud because I thought all of my conversations were sinking in.  A few minuets later I told him that I was so proud of him for allowing the lady to go first.  He quickly said "mom I wanted you to go first so you could turn on the lamp because it was pitch black in here. 

Well, it was wishful thinking that he was picking up on my etiquette lessons, but I am still impressed that he used the expression that we have been working on “Lady’s First”!!!!  Right now in this season of my life I am just faithfully trusting on Proverbs 22:6 “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”

On a different note I have to use this opportunity to brag about Taylor, and announce that he has been accepted into the Gifted and Talented Program in the East Cobb school systems!!!!  I am so very proud of him.  He is such a smart little boy, and I look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for him throughout his life.   

No comments: