Monday, January 19, 2009

Taco Lasagna

For those of you who did not know I am a United Methodist Women, and it goes without saying that Methodist Women like to cook casseroles. Our groups have some outstanding casserole recipes and I have one that I would like to post and share with all. It is called Taco Lasagna, and it is to die for! I hope that you enjoy.





Taco Lasagna

1 pound ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
2/3 cup water
6 (8 in.) flower tortillas
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
½ cup chopped green pepper
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 envelop of taco seasoning
1 (14.5 oz) can Mexican diced tomatoes
3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend

Brown beef, pepper and onion until done. Add water and taco seasoning, and bring to a boil. Reduce hear, simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Stir in beans and tomatoes. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Place 2 tortillas in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Spread with ½ of beef mix, sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cook 350 for 35-45 min. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

The Bost Family said...

You forgot to tell us how long to cook the casserole and on what temperature. And I thought you were going to say or maybe you should say I am a United Methodist Women and I like to eat!

coble said...

Good call sis!!!

Audrey said...

Thanks for the recipe! Aaron has loved every casserole you have ever cooked for him, so I will definitely have to give this one a try too!