Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Girls Night Out



Last night I had the opportunity to go out with some of my girl friends (college sorority sisters) for our monthly Girls Night Out dinner. We always have the best time just talking and catching up. Last night there were six of us (Jennifer Russell, Jennifer Roberts, Mauree, Libby and her son Mason, Leslie, and myself). Mason is just about two months old, Mauree is having baby boy #3 in a couple weeks, and Leslie is expecting twins in June. Lots of life, and Gods glory sitting at this table.

This is truly the first outing that I have been out on completely by myself since Emma Grace was born. Which, was six months ago. I have always been so worried about bombarding Ryan with both kids, that I don’t ever plan on going anywhere, or I always have one of the children with me. Leaving Ryan with only one.

When I got in the car last night to drive down to Fayetteville I felt like a free women. It was so nice to just have a few hours by myself. And it was even nicer to come home to bathed, feed, sleeping children. Now that I know Ryan can do it I might leave him with them both more often.

I am so blessed with such good friends and such a wonderful husband who will watch my kids for me. Thanks Libby for letting me steel this pictures from your website.

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

It's so funny that I'm reading this post today! James and I had the conversation last night that he needs to prepare himself for me not being there to get Brenner ready for bed. We've had lots of nights out thank goodness for Nana but James has never had to do it on his own. So his response was I'll just have Nana come over if you want to go out with the girls! haha! oh no, that's not how it works!! I'm glad you had fun and you deserved a fun night out!! GO Ryan, what a good daddy!

libbyferg said...

U r welcome. We need togetogther with Orr kiddos one day. That would be fun.

Stephanie said...

Aww...I miss all of you girls!!!!

Audrey said...

Kuddos Ryan! Somebody raised that boy right. (wink, wink to Nene!)

As if I was not already sure, that just confirms my beliefs that Aaron will be a good daddy too. I'm positive good traits like that run in the family!

Working Momma said...

I love the nights out too. And I second Libby's comment - we need to have a night of getting our kids together - or maybe one day - we can get all of our families together for a big dinner (maybe not at a restaurant - we might scare them with all the kids!) but I think it would be lots of fun! You have a great blog by the way. Your kids will thank you one day. And it was fun to see all of you this week! Take care!