Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas in Alabama/Tennessee

The day after Christmas we packed up and headed to Alabama/Tennessee to visit with family. We had a great trip. Taylor really bonded with Alison and Brianna (who are my cousins children). He was so independent while we were there. He went outside and played with them by all by his self. They pulled him around in the wagon attached to their bike, they rode the Ranger, Jumped on the Trampoline, and went fishing. They also built a 10 man tent in the middle of my aunt’s living room – it was quite a sight in my aunt antique decorated 1800 farm house. But they had a blast. Taylor did not want to come home. When we go in the car to leave he said “mom I miss my Aunt Gwyn so much already.”

Ryan loves visiting with Aunt Gwyn and Uncle Ray and the rest of the family. He thinks their farm is so relaxing and he just loves learning about managing a farm of cows.

We also had the opportunity to spend sometime with all of my grand parents. I am so fortunate to be 28 years old and to still have all four of my grandparents living. They just loved meeting Lucy and Emma. At my mom’s parents house we counted 44 different people who were their visiting for lunch. What a wonderful large family. At my dad’s parents there were lots of babies in the room – most all of my cousins have babies now. It is so neat to see families start to multiply.

Alison (blond) and Brianna (brown hair) (Twin sisters)

Austin and Emma Grace


Memow (my mom's mom), Alison, Mary, Lucy, and Emma Grace
Aunt Gwyn, Emma Grace, Austin
Manna and Emma Grace

6-Man Tent in the Living Room

Taylor in the Barn

Can you see why Ryan would fall in love with this place, it is so peaceful:



I have a bunch more pictures to post that I am going to have to get from my sisters.

1 comment:

Char said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!
Can't believe how much Brianna and Alison have grown - I remember them as little 3 year old flower girls!