Monday, January 19, 2009

Diaper Alternative Update



As many of you know I have a little girl in diapers and I have always struggled with putting her in disposable diapers because of the negative environmental footprint they leave on our earth. (For those of you that don’t know diapers are the worst things that we throw in our landfills. Reason being they virtually never decompose because of the large amount of plastic that is in them.) And I am not able to do reusable cloth diapers because of playschool regulations.


Well I have found a great alternative to traditional diapers!!! Nature Babycare makes Eco Friendly diapers. They are 100% biodegradable because they are made from corn byproducts instead of plastic, and they are 100% chlorine free (meaning they don’t use chemicals to turn them the tree pulp white). I have been using them for about a month now and I love them. I don’t have any problems with leakage or poor performance. They are more difficult to find then your traditional diapers, but they are very cost competitive to Pampers or Huggies. I am able to find them on line, at Babies R Us, Toy’s R Us, some Targets, and the natural food stores. These are my new favorite diapers so I wanted to make sure my readers were informed.









Here is some information from their website:
Nature babycare diapers are 100% chlorine-free and keep oil-based plastics away from babies delicate skin. Our absorbent pulp is from sustainably harvested Scandinavian forests and the unique design of our ultra-thin absorbent core creates a more comfortable fit for your baby while providing enhanced leak protection. Since Nature babycare products are based on natural and renewable materials instead of plastic, our diapers are soft and cloth-like providing comfort without sacrificing protection. Nature babycare has been awarded "Best Disposable Diaper" Silver Award for 2006-2007 by Mother & Baby Magazine and also carries the approval symbol from the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation.

http://www.natyusa.com/products/diapers.php

No comments: