Saturday, January 3, 2009

And she speaks…

Emma Grace has started saying Da-da Da-da. It seems to be very purposeful because a couple times she has looked at him when he was coming over to pick her up and she says it then. She is so smart.

I have to admit that I do fully understand why a child says Dad before they say Mom. I know it is easier for them to say, but they just don’t realize that their mom is the person that get up with them every night at all hours from the day they are born to feed and comfort them. Not to mention that it is their mom who carries them for 9 months…. Oh well I guess that is why they call it a labor of love.

1 comment:

Char said...

Congrats Emma! It's official - you are not only BEAUTIFUL but SMART too!
And - Laura - you are right! It is a labor of love. Mothers are often not appreciated or noticed for what they do at the time. However, it feels good when your grown children make a point to say "hey - I understand now and thanks!" And-they will!!!!