Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday with the Kids…..

I had the most incredible day with my two babies today. To help set the story up I will start with the fact that Ryan had worked all night Thursday night, all day Friday, most of the night Friday night, and then he had to get up early and work this morning and most of today (darn that Wal-Mart IT department). If you can’t tell I really don’t care for when Ryan’s gets the Wal-Mart pager. With all this being said we had to get out of the house today to leave daddy to his work. We started off by going to the Bake Sale/Pumpkin Patch at our church. Taylor has really enjoyed picking out pumpkins this year. Against my better judgment I did let Taylor pick out one pumpkin and one gourd, well I told him one pumpkin but some how he talked me into a gourd. He is quite the negotiator and one day he is going to be a great lawyer or sales person. I say against my better judgment because we have at least 25 pumpkins and gourds on our front porch already. Oh well the money goes to the youth group at our church. And the money that we spent at the Bake Sale actually goes to Taylor’s playschool, so I keep reminding myself of that every time I take a bite of the scrumptious Kentucky Derby Pie that we brought home. (And I wonder why I can’t loose all of this baby weight that I have put on.) The highlight of my day though was going to the movies with Taylor and Emma. We went to see the Beverly Hills Chihuahua– terrible movie but awesome relaxation time with my little ones. I got to snuggle with Emma for two hours straight and Taylor leaned up next to use close while watching the move intensely. It really was one of the best days that we have had in a long time. My Taylor is growing up so very fast so I just treasure the time when he snuggles up to me close like he did at the movie today. When I was tucking him in tonight I asked him “if I could just sleep in his bed with him tonight so we could snuggle all night,” and his response was “Mom this is a one man bed.” Oh well I guess I enjoyed it while I could.
Emma Grace - 13 weeks old
Check out my baby girls mullet. She is getting so bald – as you can see she has a really bald ring around the back of her head.
Taylor always has his finger in his nose and I guess he is starting to rub off on Emma Grace:
Emma in Taylor's old PJ's:
My Family
The Pumpkin Man:
Taylor and his Teacher Ms. Deb
Taylor and his corn:
I don’t think that I will ever let Emma wear this outfit again
because she looked too grown up in it.


7 comments:

The Bost Family said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good day. I missed you though! I hope we can still go to Target tomorrow and maybe toysrus.
love,
aunt mary

Char said...

OMG - look how my babies are growing! Is Emma wearing my favorite dress?
Enjoy and savor every single moment with your babies - they will be wonderful memories for you and for them.
Love you bunches -
nene

Basham said...

I can see your ad space! I always use FireFox but tried Explorer and they showed up. I will be clicking away for you. I love your family photos and pumpkin story!! So cute!

The Bost Family said...

Hey Thanks for clicking on my ads I've made $10.00!! That's pretty good considering yesterday I only had $2.

Scott said...

Thanks for the Ad Sense update! I have wondered how all of that works! I can totally appreciate your wonderful day with your kiddos. So precious! Aidan is starting to sit up already and I secretly don't like it because I know he will just grow up too fast, like you said. :-) Every day is just so special with them. Have a great week and Happy Halloween!

The Bost Family said...

Lucy and I want to thank you for clicking on our ads, we have been clicking on yours all day. We are up to $14! Also, I click from my laptop and from the main computer... I"m a dork I know.
love
mary

Stephanie said...

I love hearing all the funny things that Taylor says...he is a riot!! I'm glad you had such a good day with your kids! Hopefully Ryan won't have to work too hard this week.