Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sad Day...

Yesterday was such an emotional day for me. First I went to the gym (where have not been since before Emma Grace was born over 3 months ago). I know that is bad that I have not exercised in over three months, but I have just figured out how to find time for it in my busy schedule. I don’t know if I was sad because I was going thru a routine that I use to do when Emma was still with me, in my tummy, or if I was sad because my dear friend Ellen was not walking with me. Ellen for those of you who do not know is Kenneth’s mom (Taylor best friend), and the two of us have become so very close over the past four years. Taylor and Kenneth use to get in so much trouble at school because they would bite each other all the time, and thru there bad behavior Ellen and I got to know each other very well. Ellen and I were pregnant together with our second babies (also with our first but we did not know each other then) and we use to meet up after work every day and walk at the fitness center to help keep the weight off. Time would go by so fast when we would walk and talk, and yesterday time did not go by fast. As a matter of fact the whole experienced really sucked.

To make my day that much harder Ellen called while I was walking, and while it was so wonderful to talk to her and catch up she dropped some really sad news on me. Good news for her because I know this is something that she has been working towards, but sad news for me. She informed me that she took her children out of playschool this week and that she has started working from home fulltime. I have not had to the heart to have the conversation with Taylor yet. For, Taylor thinks that Kenneth is still on vacation in Branson with his grandparents, and he will be back soon. He is going to be heartbroken when I tell him that Kenneth will not be in school anymore. This news was also so hard on me because Katherine and Emma Grace will no longer be in school together and might not ever have the opportunity to form that type of relationship that Kenneth and Taylor have. All four of our kids will still have the opportunity to see each other at Church, and Sunday School. And Taylor and Kenneth are going to do Youth Wrestling together this fall. And I know that Ellen and I will do everything that we can to keep the kids close but it is still hard. I think this is harder on me then it will be on Taylor - if I ever get the nerve to tell him where is best friend has gone during the day.






3 comments:

The Bost Family said...

you should post the picture of the two of them when they were in the one year old room. It's so cute!
Love,
Mary

coble said...

I don't know where it is. I have spent an hour looking for it. Do you by chance know where I would have put it?

Char said...

Look at those precious little buddies!
I know we will see pictures of the two of them together for many years to come.
I mean - they are going to be firefighters together.
Hugs,
Nene