Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Fun

We had the most wonderful fall day today. My mom, Mary, Lucy, Taylor, Emma and myself all packed up in my mom huge car (thank goodness she has one that will hold all of us and our 3 car seats) and headed out to the country to find a pumpkin patch so Taylor could pick out his fall pumpkins. Of course we took the opportunity to get some great pictures.

We found this little farm just north of Centerton that had a pumpkin patch, a fall country store, many areas set up for seasonal pictures, old tractors for the kids to play on, and the neatest maze made out of the families field. Taylor and I took the wrong route 3 times before we figured out the maze. They had an old buggy decorated with pumpkins and set up to play on that Taylor just loved. This buggy was probably from the times of the horse and buggy, and Taylor sat up on it for a long time pretending that it was horse driven. Mary and I sat and rocked Lucy in an old swing that they had set up, and watched Taylor play.

Taylor was so funny picking out his pumpkins. Before we left the house I told him that he could have $15 to spend on pumpkins, so the whole time we were out he was very conscious of his budget and worked very hard picking out the right pumpkins that fell within his budget. I bet we spent more than an hour watching him decided which pumpkins he wanted most and which ones he was going to trade for the new one that he had picked out (we only made these trades about 25 times). He came in right and spent exactly $15. It was a pretty fun life lesson to play with him.

I bet we probably spent two hours out at this old pumpkin patch. It was truly the most enjoyable and relaxing afternoon I can remember having in a long time. I highly recommend it to all that are looking for a wonderful time.
















1 comment:

Char said...

Taylor I am so proud of you for staying within your pumpkin budget! That is an awesome lesson to start learning at such a young age.
You and Emma Grace have such responsible loving parents that are teaching you important life concepts early on.
Nene is 55 and I still have problems with the budget thing. ;-)
You make my heart happy!
Much love -
Nene