Monday, October 6, 2008

Big, Bad, Horrible, Unavoidable Day

Well today was the day - the big bad horrible day that we all knew had to come. Today was the day that I had to drop Emma Grace off at playschool for part of the day. I started working from home today, and Emma Grace had to go to school for part of the day. It was hard on momma but Emma seemed to handle it well.

I got up extra early this morning so I could start digging into my business and trying to get caught up with what I have been missing over the past 11 weeks. After a few hours of work I got my babies up and got them ready for school. About half way thru the day I just could not handle it anymore and I had to go get Emma.

I think we made a good pass at our first day – I got some work done and Emma spent her first hours away from mommy. It is very hard to leave my baby girl, but I know that each day will get easier and easier.

I don’t remember it being this hard when I left Taylor for the first time. I know with him I did not start to cry until I made it to work and had been there for an hour or so. With Emma I did not even make it out of her classroom before I broke down, and I did not stop crying until I picked her up. I think the difference was Taylor was a very adaptable baby he would go to anyone. I think this was because we used formula with him and anyone could feed him; therefore, he loved everyone. Emma has done nothing but nurse from day one and she is a momma’s girl and really does not like for anyone else to hold her.

I did feel good when I walked in to get her today and Ms. Frankie was in her room. Ms. Frankie was one of Taylor’s teachers when he was in the Red Room at Wee Friends and we just loved her. She took such good care of Taylor and I know she will do a great job with Emma.

I can’t believe that my baby girl is already 11 weeks old and it is almost time for me to go back into the office to work. Time sure does go by fast when you are raising your babies.

Mary and I did get together for a short while late this afternoon so the girls would not go thru withdrawals. Here are some pictures from our visit.





2 comments:

Char said...

Oh... Sweetie - I know this is so hard on you as a mommy - I know it will be hard to work thru tears.
My Taylor and Emma are so blessed to have you to love, nuture and teach them. You are an AWESOME mommy and they will rise up and call you blessed.
It also makes me smile to see you and Mary enjoying one another and making time on a regular basis to do that. Sisters are the best!
Love you honey -
Char/Nene/Mom
;-)

said...

I so agree with Charlotte. You are a wonderful mother and an awesome sister and mentor to Mary. She will probably miss you more than anyone as you go back to work. But... you will find a way to be together and you can always look back and cherish this special time as you also look to great future times.

We are so sorry that we missed Emma's Baptism. I asked Mary and Jonathan to give you our regrets. I knew you would understand, but I was so disappointed that we couldn't share in that special time.

Love to you and all your family,
Becky