Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Trip to the Doctor for Both Momma’s Babies

Today had to have been the single most emotionally draining day for me as a mother. I had to take both of my babies to the doctor to get their immunizations. Taylor went first and it took everything the nurse and I had to hold him down so we could give him is four shots. He was so upset – I can’t stand to see my little boy cry. Then we had to give Emma her 3 shots, and though we did not have to restrain her, she was so helpless and so pitiful as her whimper increased to screams. The worst part of it all was Taylor hit behind a chair hiding his face, while Emma was getting her shots, and cried and yelled “please don’t hurt my baby sissy” please don’t hurt my baby sissy”. Even the nurse was in tears when we left. I will never ever attempt anything like that again without my hubby. We were all such a wreck when we left I gave Taylor a free pass to skip swim lessons, and we went to Krispy Kreme to get donuts.

Good news is in conjunction with Emma’s immunizations she also had her two-month well baby check up, and she is doing very well. She is up to 10 pounds and 5 ounces, and 23 inches long. It is so funny Ryan and I have friends that had a baby about 3-4 weeks after Emma was born and he was born at 10 pounds and 7 ounces. Emma is two months old and she still does not weight what their baby weighed at birth. Stephanie my hat goes off to you. I don’t know how you carried a baby that big, much less how you delivered a baby that big. Emma’s doctor did notice that the click in her hip is back and we will have to continue to watch it to see that it develops properly. They found this click when she was first born while she was in the hospital, but when we had her ultra sound the Orthopedic doctor said her hip looked great.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

you guys deserve krispy kreme & ice cream after that ordeal!!!!