Monday, September 29, 2008

Chickenpox or Not?????

That was the question of our day.



Today my Tatar Tot got sent home from school because they thought that he might have the Chicken Pox. Well after a quick trip to the doctor we determined that these were not Chicken Pox but bug bites from his camping trip this weekend. Better safe than sorry I guess especially since Taylor’s play school has had three cases in the past few weeks. Up until we went to the doctor all I could imagine was Taylor, Emma, and me all home with the Chicken Pox at the same time. What a sight that would have been. Hopefully that will never happen since we have all been vaccinated for them, but I keep thinking back to what my mother has always told me since I have never had the them “you are going to get them on your wedding day.” I did avoid that one but maybe she was wrong and really setting me up to get them when my children get them. Good thing mom does not live far for situations like that!!! As I write this entry all I can think about is “Chicken Pox” what a weird name.

2 comments:

Char said...

Taylor - I am soooo glad that you do not have the chicken pox! It wouldn't be a fun experience. Your Daddy, Uncle Sean and Uncle Aaron all had chicken pox at the same time. I am thankful that you and Emma and your Mommy are safe this time.
Love you bunches -
Nene

Mauree said...

Miles actually got chicken pox when he was nine months old. It wasn't too bad because he didn't now to itch them. He also got the vaccination when he turned one so, I hope he will be safe from getting them again. I didn't know you never had chicken pox. I am glad Taylor just had bug bites.