Monday, September 1, 2008

Taylor Stories

Taylor had two great stories from today that I wanted to share.

Story #1:
During Taylor’s nap today I received a call from Mary asking what she should do for Lucy’s congestion. I gave her the advice that I had recently been given for Emma: use the nasal aspirator, use Little Noses, and elevate her head. When Taylor woke up from his nap he wanted to know what I had been doing, so I repeated the conversation that I had had with his Aunt Mary. After I was done with the story he looked at me and said “mom you forgot to tell her the most important thing.” He said “you forgot to tell her to bring Lucy to my sick Manna because sick Manna always makes me fell better.

Taylor you and your Manna have such a special bond. For the first two years of your life you kept an ear infection or a respiratory infection. Lucky for mom and dad your Manna was always able to keep you during the day when you could not go to playschool and we had to go to work. During this time you and your Manna bonded – I often believe that your bond with Manna is stronger than any bond I could ever hope to have with you. She took such good care of you at a time when we needed her most.

Story #2:
Taylor every night when I tuck you into bed I ask you what you are thankful for and what you want to pray for. Every night you tell me the same thing: you tell me how thankful you are for all of your family (and you will name everyone off one by one), then you will tell me how thankful you are for your Manna, your Manna’s farm, all of your Manna’s animals. Well tonight was no different, but tonight when you got to your Manna’s animals you said “I am thankful for all of my Manna’s animals, except for her littlest cat (Sally cat).” When I asked you why you were not thankful for Sally cat you said “she is a bully cat.” I said “well maybe we could ask God to help make her nice.” You said “I guess we could pray for a miracle.”

Taylor you are so funny. You have always kept us all on our toes with what you will say next.

No comments: