Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mommy and Daddy are Growing Up

Today had to have been the single most stressful day in all of our six years of marriage. Today we made a decision that will have to last us at least 25 years. Today we purchased our very own grown up mattress. Not one of the ones that you go to Sam’s Club and buy (there is nothing wrong with this kind – this is what we bought when we first got married), but we actually went to specialty bedding store that sold nothing but mattresses. We had a lot of fun, but there were over 40 mattresses in this one store to lie on and make our decision from. This was truly a fun experience but stressful nonetheless. I really hope that we enjoy our new mattress as much as we think that we will. I’m not sure that they do returns on those things.

This also marks the week that we got our new bedroom furniture set. Ryan and I have been using hand me downs from my parents. They had this furniture when they got married over 30 years ago. You can imagine the shape that it is in. It is so wobbly that when I open the dresser drawer I just pray that the decorative stuff I have on top does not fall to the ground. As of right now our children have nicer furniture than we do. I can’t wait till it all comes in next week.

No comments: