Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nene and Poppy's Place

Yesterday Taylor and Emma had the opportunity to spend the day with Nene and Poppy while Ryan and I worked on our move out to the farm. They always have so much fun with Nene and Poppy. Nene makes every adventure special, and Poppy make one great horse for Taylor to ride! Here is the recap that Nene sent to me on thier day. I thought these were such neat points from thier day, that Nene captured, that I wanted to archive them on my blog.


My Sweet Ryan and Laura -
We had such a good time with Taylor and Emma yesterday - thank you so much for sharing with us and allowing us to be part of their lives. We love each of you very much -
With that being said - I wanted to say a couple of things about our day.
Taylor is very smart - really - not just because I am his Nene! He also has a tender sweet heart and genuinely cares and loves with it.
He talks about things that most 4 year olds don't even know exist!

Example:
1. He told me that he liked my "antique" lamps. I asked him why he thought they were antiques. He said he could tell because they had feathers. He went on to tell me that antiques are very valuable. So cute! I didn't tell him that the lamps were NOT antiques because he was so sure. And how does he know what VALUABLE means???
;-0

2. He counted for me by 5's all the way to 100! I only had to help him with the number 15! Through out the day as we visited, I kept throwing in little questions that would require him to add or subtract - he could do it in his head!!! Amazing!

3. He was behind the couch trying to coax Jasmine (the cat) out to play. In the process, he accidentally knocked a little picture down that sits on the table. No big deal - but he came carrying it over to me with both hands and asked, "Nene, did this picture come with these cracks in it?' I told him that it did. He said, "what about this big chunk - did it come with that big chunk missing?" I told him that it did. He said, "I am very glad that I did not break this Nene because I know that you love your pretty picture." Now, how sweet is that??? He cares and he takes ownership.

4. I was feeding Emma Grace a bottle and Taylor discovered my pedi-egg sitting on the end table. He asked me what it was for and how to use it. I told him that it made my feet pretty and showed him quickly how to use it. He asked if he could work on my feet. As he was "working" on my feet, he discovered that I had a band-aid on my heel. He said, "Nene, why do you have this big band-aid on your foot?" I explained that I got a blister because I walked too much while I was in New Orleans. He asked me if it hurt. I told him that it did not hurt. He said, "I am so glad that it doesn't hurt Nene, I would be sad if your foot hurt."

5. I told him at some point that he was such a good boy! He quickly told me that he is not ALWAYS a good boy. I told him that is ok because that is how we learn and we have Jesus to forgive us when we choose to do something bad. He said, "we have God too." I told him that Jesus is God. He said, "Jesus can't be God because God is God." I explained that Jesus is God's son and that makes him part of God. He got a big smile on his face and said, just like I am part of my daddy and mommy because I am a Coble." I agreed - he is able to reason and understand. Amazing!

Emma is also so sweet and precious! Her personality is so calm and gentle. She is such a good baby - very content and happy. It will be so fun and humbling to watch her grow and see her personality develop. I know already that she will be loving, kind, sweet, smart and Godly.

I just wanted you know.
Love you -
Mom/Nene

1 comment:

The Bost Family said...

I laughed and cried when I read this. You do have the sweetest kids. I love them so much. I wish Nene still had her blog I really enjoyed reading about her grandkids and her kids all grown up!!