Friday, February 20, 2009

Boys and Bows

I just love my little ones. I especially love this bow, so I had to capture a few pictures.


She has already got him wrapped around her little finger.


I am so glad to be back in town now. The past two weeks I have had to travel (Dallas last week, and Phoenix this week) and it has been hard on the family. This week I came home to a sick little Emma. Evidently Monday night when Ryan picked the kids up from playschool he found Miss. Emma looking so sad and sick (mainly her eye was really runny and red). He immediately called the pediatrician on Tuesday morning. Which she must have looked bad if he called and took her to the doctor. Ryan usually does not believe in doctors. At first glance they thought she had RSV, but thank God the test came back negative for that. Turns out she has an ear infection, eye infection, and a terrible cold. I just hated being gone while she was not feeling well. She has been so sweet ever since I have been back because every time I try to put her down for a few minutes she throws the biggest fit ever until I come back and pick her up. This is our first ear infection for Miss Emma.

I can’t believe that we have almost made it 7 months without an ear infection. Taylor already had tubes by the time he was 7 months because of the number of ear infections he had. The only advice I have for new moms is to do everything you can to breastfeed your babies. It truly does pay off. I did not stick with it long with Taylor, but have breastfeed Emma exclusively and have seen a drastic improvement in the amount of ear infections.
A special “thank you” goes out to Nene and Mana for all of their help while I was out of town. We would not have made it without you guys.
Kid Stories:
Taylor’s new thing is to walk around and say “www dot, www dot, mom just go www dot.” His daddy is a computer geek, so he gets it honest.

Emma’s new thing is to act like she is going to be crawling very very soon. She has mastered the rolling over, sitting up, and now we are scooting around the floor on our belly.

6 comments:

The Bost Family said...

I can't believe how big your babies look. It has been way to long since I have seen you guys, I hope we can play tomorrow!! Love you guys!!

Tootsie said...

Your children are soooo adorable! Two of God's perfect creations.

Char said...

Oh my goodness!!!
How beautiful and precious - I am so blessed to be Nene to Taylor and Emma Grace!
Emma's eye did look very bad - glad to hear she is feeling better. Even though she had fever, was coughing and her little eye was swollen shut - she still smiled and didn't cry. Amazing!
Love you guys -
Nene/Mom

Audrey said...

I love to come home and show Uncle Aaron how much Taylor and Emma have grown. If Lila can light up his face as much as pictures of Taylor and Emma can, I'm not sure my heart will be able to take it!

Thanks so much for sharing. We love you guys!

Stephanie said...

You were in Phoenix??!!! And didn't call!!!! Okay..you are off the hook this time, but only because I was in Tampa. Love the pics of the kids! They are too cute for words.

Scott said...

I have to comment on how precious your babies are! You can tell they are going to be good friends. Glad you are back in town and that Emma is feeling better. Take care!