Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Resolutions Looking Back and Looking Ahead

Looking back on 2009:
* Get promoted at work - accomplished
* Loose 10 Pounds – not quite, but started exercising religiously
* Be a better more genuine friend – continually try to do this
* Stop popping fingers – not anywhere close


Resolutions for 2010:
* Be a better mom and try not to yell at my children (Taylor that is). I love Taylor and he is a good kid but sometimes he doe not listen (or take me serous) so I feel that the only way to get his attention is to yell, and I feel really bad about it, but I do not believe in spanking and timeout has become a joke. Ryan and I stared making Taylor run laps in the back yard about a month ago and it has seemed to help, but I continually need to work on being more patient.

* Be a better more genuine friend – I want to try to remember to do this for the rest of my life.

* Stop popping fingers – maybe if I right it down and speak it allowed I would stop – or maybe my friends will hold me accountable.

* As always, be a better Christian. I would like to read and study my bible more often, and become more comfortable witnessing to people. My mother-in-love is the best witness to God and all his glory, and I would like to be more like her in this area of my life. I was taking and really enjoying a Bible study class this fall, but had to quit due to my travel schedule. I am afraid that at this point in my life my travel is not going to slow down any, so I am going to have to find a new way to study the bible. (Any suggestions?)

* Of course loose weight – I would like to loose 11 pounds and I think I would feel really good about myself.

4 comments:

The Bost Family said...

I think you are a great friend! I didn't know you popped your fingers. You must only do it in private. I'll watch you though. 10 pounds...we are working on this... monday we are passing the old lady at the track!

Char said...

Ditto - you are a great friend, mother, wife, daughter-in-love and Christian. You are so hungry to learn and grow - I promise that God will honor that.
I want to get into a good Bible study too - do you know where we might find one?

coble said...

Why, yes I sure do – maybe we could take one together next fall at FUMC! HA – I am not going to give up!!! Our church has a whole bunch of Bible study class they offer and they usually start in the fall – there are usually about 12 to choose form.

Char said...

Well, count me in!
I will look forward to that.
And - I am so excited about Beth Moore in June.