Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Boot Camp and Lunch with an Old Friend

Today has been an exhausting day. I don’t think that I have told you guys but Mary and I started Boot Camp last week at the fitness center and it is well kicking our (mostly my) butt. Last week we did cardio, and this week we are doing lower body. Let me tell you – I can’t even sit down without groaning. I know it is good for us, but I am so out of shape that it might just kill me to get back into shape. On the second day of class the teacher walked over to Mary and me and said, “I was not expecting to see you ladies back again.” My goal by the end of the class is to not finish last on the sprints anymore!

Even thought I have been exhausted all day today I did get to step away and have lunch with my dear old friend Candice. You might recognize the name, but Candice is the one that made all of the letters for my sister and me (pictured in the upper right hand corner of my blog). Candice actually used to work on my team at Wal-Mart Transportation, and I had the opportunity to mentor Candice, and now we are really dear friends. Candice is now the most amazing young/professional lady I know. She has so much potential and drive and I am so very proud of her and all of her accomplishments!!! I wish that I could scan in and show you Taylor’s baby scrapbook that Candice finished for me. It is truly amazing – she gave it to me a lunch today and I am so thrilled with it. You guys will just have to stop by the house and see it.

2 comments:

The Bost Family said...

Thanks for being my work out buddy.

P.S. I think you actually beat someone in the sprints on tuesday.

Stephanie said...

I did a boot camp when we lived in AZ. Whew!! I admire you girls!!!!