Saturday, January 2, 2010

I’m Dreaming of a…..

White Christmas. Yes that is right we woke up to a White Christmas this year. I love the how simple we made Christmas this year, and how we enjoyed the true meaning of Christmas. I want my children to understand that we only celebrate Christmas to recognize the birth of our Lord and Savor, Jesus Christ. Happy Birthday Jesus. Having a white Christmas really helped drive that magical/glorious feeling home!!!


I wish that we had taken pictures of some of the things that we did but each year we make a Happy Birthday Jesus cake. This year Taylor and I read scripture in my big person bible throughout the advent timeframe – I think he looked forward to our readings each night. Each year I hope to add to this and continue to do new things to recognize the true meaning of Christmas. I want my children to know Jesus and to understand his Grace and Mercy that he pours out for each one of us.

1 comment:

The Timbs Clan said...

I love that you have a Birthday Cake for Jesus!! We also do that and Morgan reads from the bible about the birth of Jesus!!!