Monday, July 16, 2012

Wow a lot has been going on and I am way behind on blogging. I am going to use this week to catch up and try to stay caught up next week. Who knows how successful that I will be, especially since I am sitting in the bathroom, blogging while watching the babies play in the tub. One: they are cranky and won’t nap so a bath helps everything. Two: while in the bathroom I am in front of the mirror and suddenly I realized how old I am getting. With four kids it is hard to take time to sit and glare at yourself. I have no idea where all of this grey hair has come from, and when my cheeks feel so far down.

Anyways back to my original post. We have been in our new house now for 2 weeks and 2 days. And I have to say that I am very pleased with our decision to buy a home in the neighborhood. The people around are fantastic. We have been welcomed with late night home baked goods, BBQ, help looking for our lost dog, and offers to help with our lawn while we are trying to get settled. Boy do I love southern hospitability! I only wish my family was closer and we would have it made!

We are starting to get settled in. All of the kid’s rooms are unpacked. The den and kitchen are unpacked. Our room is unpacked, the laundry room is unpacked. The garage is coming together. The dining room is getting there. I will feel really good when the basement/playroom all comes together! That will probably be where we spend 90% of our awake hours. I really had no idea how much stuff (arguably junk) we had. I have no idea how we fit this all in our last little house. I am trying get rid of stuff as I go.

This weekend we ordered patio furniture and bar stools. I never knew Amazon.com could be so much fun. I am an Amazon mom so I get free shipping on a lot of things and this purchase made that worthwhile. I don’t have a lot of time or energy to get the kids all out to shop so this is the next best thing.

We think that we might be on the verge of finding a church home. The kids all had a blast at our last round of VBS at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, as did I. In order for Emma Grace to participate I had to volunteer, and the babies got to do it as well. It was a great way to meet people. Our goal was to come to Atlanta and be open to finding a church, our only criteria is they had to have an awesome children’s program. I grew up Methodist, and Ryan grew up going to a non denominational church. We tried a Methodist church but did not enjoy it. And we have looked everywhere but can’t find any nondenominational churches in the area. So we tried the biggest Baptist church that we could find, and we feel in love. We are still trying to feel it out a little bit, but we have been very pleased so far. They have an awesome children’s program, and the praise and worship has been amazing. We don’t know anything about being Baptist but we are going to give it a try.

Taylor starts school in four weeks. He is getting very excited. Emma Grace and the Babies are enrolled for preschool/MMO for the new school year at our church. We were able to get Emma Grace a spot for 3 days a week for only 3.5 hours a day. We thought this would be great socialization time for all of them, and it will be my outlet to work a few hours a week.

We are taking a family beach trip in 2 weeks and 5 days, and I can’t wait to see my sisters and my parents. And in four weeks Nene and Poppy are coming to visit and Ryan and I are going to sneak off for a few days to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

Tonight is girl’s night out with the local mothers of multiples club. I am looking forward to meeting some new ladies and having dinner out.

You can say overall we are loving our simplified life in the big city.

That is it that is all I know.







No comments: