Wednesday, July 25, 2012

There, I've said it....

It’s real.  We are officially Georgian’s now.  It did not really feel real when we signed the papers for our new house, or when we unloaded about 9 million boxes into the house.  I think I have still felt in my mind that we could go back to Arkansas at the drop of a hat.  I could go back to working at WhiteWave, and Ryan could go back to Wal-Mart, and we could be close to our family and our friends once again.  A impromptu Saturday cook out at the lake was still feasible. 

But today it all feels real.  I enrolled my little precious 3rd grader into Georgia schools.  This move still feels like vacation, we play every day.  None of us (except Ryan) have to get up and go anywhere in the mornings.  In the evenings we go to the park, or the pool, or to get ice cream.  But August 13 is closely approaching us and Taylor will start school at Rocky Mount Elementary.   He is very excited about it.  This morning he wanted to see everything and know everything about his new school.  He is so very excited about joining the After School Chess Club. 

When we were at the school filling out the papers Emma Grace started crying and saying she "wanted to leave and go home", and I felt like breaking down just like her and running out and driving back to Arkansas.  Arkansas, where my friends are all just right down the road, and where my sister and I would sit on the swing at the farm under the big sycamore tree talking for hours and watching our kids play.  I have said this many times, and I will stick to it.  “I do love our simplified life in the big city.”  But life without family and BFF’s right down the road really sucks.  There I have said it. 

3 comments:

Jessica Anne said...

I'm sorry :( Moving really is hard especially when its a big move... not just down the street. We moved out to Colorado 4 years ago and didn't know a soul. But, our life is here now.... it just takes some time.

DeAnna said...

Moving away from all you know and have known your whole life is so very hard but I promise it will get easier and you'll be so glad that you were open to this new life/adventure! Fun times ahead Laura, hang in there!!

PS. It is nice knowing that you could come 'home' anytime :)

The Bost Family said...

I love you and miss you.