Sunday, August 24, 2008

Homework for Preschoolers

We’ll I guess it is official I guess my baby boy is growing up. Recently Taylor moved up to a new classroom at his playschool (The Blue Room) the last and final room before starting kindergarten next August. Last Monday Taylor was given his first homework assignment which consisted of five worksheets all due the following Monday (tomorrow). I have to admit that from a parents perspective, homework sucks, and I am not looking forward to the real thing come next year. Of course in true fashion we did wait until tonight (the night before it is due) at 6:30 to start it. It was like pulling teeth to get Taylor to work through it. We have very good intentions to start really early next week. We’ll follow up and post whether or not that really happens.

Taylor baby you’re a little bit lazy because you kept saying “No mommy you do it, you color it, you glue it.” But we finally got through it and you did it all by yourself.

1 comment:

said...

I remember clearly what Jonathan thought about homework. He was in first grade and said, "That teacher is trying to ruin my wonderful life!" Evidently, I didn't put much pressure on him at home. Homework for preschoolers....boo...I feel sorry for Taylor, but even more so for you and Ryan. That teacher is trying to ruin YOUR wonderful life!

Love,
Becky