Thursday, August 28, 2008

Home with Both Children

At about 8:30 this morning I receive a call from Taylor’s teacher (30 minutes after his daddy had dropped him off at school) saying that Taylor was not feeling well and his ear was really bothering him. Because I had been up since 3:30 a.m. with Emma I had not had time for a shower, and she was due for a feeding, so I called Ryan to pick up Taylor for me. Well that meant that I had both of my children all day long and I had been up since 3:30. I love my children very much but this has made for a very long day. I just have to say that my hat goes off to all of the stay at home moms that do this everyday. I’m not sure I would be very good at it (or very pleasant when the day was over and for my husband when he came home from work each day).

This brings me to my next thought of the day: I am so thankful that I am able/allowed to take off 12 weeks from work. Some days I feel that Emma and I are on the verge of developing a routine and then we have nights like last night (where she is up half of the night). I do love my job very much and I look forward to going back, but I am so glad that I still have more time to be with Emma to work on our routine. Because after a night like last night I’m not sure that I would be able to function very well at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not like it that on your About us picture there are only three of you when you are actually a family of four. I am really offending and am looking forward to seeing this changed!
Your very concered sister,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I mean offended not offending...