Thursday, August 6, 2009

Taylor’s Last Day of Play School

Taylor today marks your last day of playschool for the rest of his life. I can still remember your first day of playschool at 12 weeks old. I can remember dropping you off and crying all the way to work. I can’t believe that the last five years have flown by so very quickly, and that you are about to start a new chapter in your life.

Daddy and I are so very excited with all of the progress that you have made over the past 5 years. You have made lifelong friends, learned to write, spell, do arithmetic, use your imagination, and numerous other life skills. You are always your teacher’s favorite student, and I usually get nothing but funny stories when I come to pick you up from school (and it has been that way your whole life).

You will miss Wee Friends, but you have already told me that you can’t wait to start kindergarten, and can’t wait to meet your new teacher.

I love you little boy. Mom

2 comments:

The Bost Family said...

I'm going to cry like a baby when he starts kindergarten. This post made me sad but happy at the same time. I hate that he is growing up so fast but I love watching him grow!

Char said...

Mary - you said it perfectly! That is exactly how I feel.
I love you Taylor Lee!