Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daily Update 8/20

Taylor had a great 2nd day of kindergarten, and Emma Grace is walking. Yes Taylor was very excited about school today, and he did very well. We packed his lunch and he loved it. He got to sit at the table with the other kids who packed their lunch. He did not have any accidents, and we are making progress on the carpool line. I guess I will give public schools one more week before I make any decisions to switch him to a private school. I asked Taylor today if he had made any friend and he said, “Mom it takes me 4 days to make friends.” So I guess we will be good to go with all the friends on Monday.

Taylor kept saying last night that he really hope that his Uncle Aaron will come have lunch with him at school all dressed up in his police uniform. As of Monday Uncle Aaron now works for the Bentonville police department, so it might actually be feasible for him to do so (hint hint – Uncle Aaron). We hare so happy to have Aaron up here in Bentonville now – we are already sleeping better knowing that our streets are much better protected with him on duty. Uncle Aaron – be waiting for a call from Taylor to have lunch with him!

I am so glad that my mom taught me how to have fun in life, and how to open up and communicate with my children. Yesterday Taylor and I had the best time at McDonalds eating and talking together, and today as a special treat (to celebrate successfully completing the 2nd day of kindergarten) we went to a little shop on the square that sells self-serve jellybeans. Then we sat outside on a bench and talked and talked about day 2 of school. When I was growing up my mom would always celebrate our accomplishments with us. On Friday afternoons she would pick us all up from school we would all head down to our favorite store and get a frozen chocolate coffee drink. I think you should have lots of fun in life, and I am all about spoiling my children. I only get to raise them once, and I want them to enjoy it. Don’t worry I know that I also have to teach them to be responsible and stuff.

And yes you heard me correctly Emma Grace is walking. She took lots of steps today while everyone was watching (Aunt Mary, Uncle Jonathan, Lucy, Taylor, Mommy and Daddy). Ryan even got some on video for us! My baby girl will be moving up to the next classroom soon. She is growing up so very fast.

2 comments:

Char said...

How exciting - Uncle Aaron makes a visit to school in his policeman uniform!
Can't wait to hear all about that.

Audrey said...

Taylor - I will make sure your Uncle Aaron gets your request for a lunch visit. I know he would be very excited and proud to meet you for lunch.

Emma Grace - Way to go girl! You are already growing up way too fast. We can't wait to see you walking.

Love you guys!