Monday, August 17, 2009

Taylor’s Kindergarten Orientation

Today was Taylor’s Kindergarten Orientation. He had the opportunity to meet his teacher (Ms. Eubanks), and tour his new classroom and new school. He told me this morning that he was most excited about meeting his principle, and I told him this would probably be the last time in life that he would be excited about meeting his printable, HA! We had a great time though, and I think that Tomas Jefferson is going to be a great place for Taylor to go to school. As we were leaving he ran up to Ms. Eubanks and gave her a big hug. He is such a little teachers pet!

As we were walking through the school today I noticed that Taylor would not hold my hand, and this is not like my Taylor man (he is a total momma’s boy and he always loves to hold my hand). And when we got in the car today I noticed that he slapped my hand away and would not let me hold his hand while he was in his car seat. None of this happened before we left for kindergarten orientation; he held my hand all the way to the school. It this is a true sign of what Kindergarten is like I don’t think that I am ready for it. I am not ready for my little boy to grow up and stop holding my hand:(

3 comments:

Mauree said...

Miles LOVES kindergarten. Just wait until Taylor tells you there is no need for you to walk him in...he is big enough to go all by himself. I am thankful he loves school so much. I just wasn't ready for him to be so independent right away!

Char said...

Hold on tight - you are about to start the ride of your life!!!!
Taylor will still be grabbing for your hand many more times over the years. No worries.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.