Monday, August 20, 2012

10 Year Wedding Anniversary

On Friday the 17th Ryan and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Ryan surprised me by arranging for his mom and Poppy to be here for a long weekend to watch the kids, so he and I could have a romantic getaway to Savannah, GA. Ryan reserved us a beautiful room at an old Bed and Breakfast that was built in 1868, called the Gastonian. Where we had a beautiful fireplace in our room and a huge Jacuzzi tub. It was so nice. Every day at the B&B we had wine and cheese, they fixed us breakfast, and had dessert waiting on us each night. We took lots of naps, and we walked around the old squares and loved every minute of being together and being alone.


This was the first time I have been away from Addison and Preston for more than a couple hours, since the day they were born. I think they did okay for Nene and Poppy, but we could all tell that Addison was ready for mommy to be home.

I am so thankful for this time away with my husband, and time to reflect on the last 10 years of marriage, and the last 15 years that we have known each other. We have accomplished so much together, and I am so very proud of our hard work, and our beautiful family. I love waking up each day just knowing that I get to spend it with Ryan, and I look forward to spending the next 70 years together and in love.

Thank you Nene and Poppy for your help with our children. Thank you Ryan for picking me to be your wife. I love you!!!


If you have never been to Savannah, what are you waiting for.  It was wonderful.  I love old, and I love old cities, and this was a very old historic American city. 



We did romantic things like walk around the old graveyards.  It was amazing to see the gravestones form the 1700, where the average life expectancy was 35 years old. 


This was one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at.  It was wonderful southern cooking. 


1 comment:

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

What a beautiful couple you are!! Congrats on your 10th!! You have such a beautiful family to show for it! It's wonderful to hear of your love for each other, Laura! Looks like GA is treating you well! :)