Thursday, July 30, 2009

Washington DC Post #1

I made it to DC on Tuesday night, and Ryan joined me today. We have had a wonderful afternoon viewing the Ford Theater, Vietnam Memorial, The White House, Washington Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, The Countries Capital, and several more. By the time we got out to Lincoln Memorial this afternoon we were so tiered that we haled a cab to bring us back to the hotel!

Yesterday my team went on a VIP tour of the House of Senate and the Capital Building which was pretty cool (got to go underground to get from one to the other. While we were in the underground tunnels we saw Jack Mccoy (Sam Waterston) from Law and order- I read that he is now into politics. I have a picture of the back of his head that I will post when I get home, but for now enjoy the one I found on line. His hair was a lot longer when we saw him yesterday than it is in this picture. We also go to meet Ron Paul yesterday. He is the uncle of our team VP. It was pretty cool that we got to sit down and talk with him, and hear his view on hemp! We also got to see the Presidents Helicopter fly right over us two times during the day. We also got to hand out in Georgetown which was really a lot of fun, and a great way to end the day.

Today my team and I all went to the Horizon Organic farm out in Maryland. It was nice and stinky, but nice to see the actual operations that helps bring in my families income.

There is so much to see here, and I don’t think that we have enough time to see it all over the next few days. My parents brought me a couple times when I was younger and I know that I did not take advantage of the opportunities, and I was truly too young to appreciate it all. I am so thankful that Ryan and I have this opportunity now.

I have already taken over 500 pictures so I will have lots to post when I get home.

Taylor and Emma Grace – we love you and miss you dearly.


3 comments:

The Bost Family said...

I hope you are having fun in DC Washington! I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

Char said...

I too want to see all of the pictures.
Have fun and enjoy your well deserved mini-vacation.
Love you guys-
Mom/Char/Nene

Audrey said...

That is so great that you and Ryan are getting to spend some fun adult time together. You definitely deserve it.

I am so jealous of your excursions! Aaron and I have always wanted to go tour DC. Maybe when the kids are older we can take a family vacation and tour it together!