Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Celebration

I just love the 4th of July. I believe that it is my very favorite holiday. There are no gifts that have to be bought, and no huge obligations. Just hanging out with friends and family and eating lots of good food. This year we were blessed to have the following fiends and family join us: Dennis (Jonathan’s Brother), Delta (Dennis’s wife), Becky Bost, Uncle David (this is what Taylor calls Jonathan’s dad), Ryan’s dad Roy, Susan, Sean, Britain, Lawson, Mary, Jonathan, Lucy, and surprise visitors my mom, dad, and Emily. Nene and Poppy we missed you bunches – I am so sorry you got sick Nene.

Dennis made us the best dinner ever. He cooked Shrimp, potatoes, corn, mushrooms, and sausage all in the biggest pot I have ever seen. He called it a shrimp boil!!! I have never experienced anything like it but Dennis can come back and cook for us at any time.

Of course we shot lots of fireworks, and ate lots of homemade ice cream and desserts. We also did lots of boating and swimming. Taylor loved the water and the boat this year, and Emma Grace is really starting to warm up to the water. Lucy was so cute falling asleep every time she got near the boat of the giant raft. Emma and Lucy love spending this much time together. They were so cute just talking back and forth at each other. And Taylor found a new Toy – games on his Uncle Jonathan’s I-Phone. It was such a wonderful 4-day vacation! I just love family and this wonderful country that we live in. And I thank God for our freedom every day!



Taylor catching bugs:


Manna and Britain admiring fireworks:


The pot for the shrimp boil:
Have you ever seen that much food before:Makes my mouth water just looking at it:

I love that little face:

Emma Grace and Lucy all dressed up for the 4th:


Emma Grace, Aunt Mary, and Aunt Emily


Emma and Lucy sharing a bath:

Emma Grace and G-Daddy:

Emma's favorite new chair:

Emma Grace and Lucy drinking out of the others cup:

Emily and Taylor playing on the I-Phone:


Perfect end to a perfect weekend (Mommy and Emma Grace):

5 comments:

Laine, Rich and Leighton said...

Love all the new photos! I can see you are enjoying your summer!

-Laine & Leighton

Char said...

I love the pictures & are so glad that you all had such a good time - but hate that Poppy and I missed all of the fun and good food! Darn the summer sick spell that got me!
I love you guys,
Nene

Char said...

I am really sad that I missed seeing Becky and David and Manna and G-Daddy and Emily and.....
I'm really sad about that....
Poor me.....

said...

It was a wonderful family celebration! Thanks so much for including the "inlaws or outlaws". We had a great time.

Delta Bost said...

We had a great time this weekend! I just might have to steal a few pictures from your blog- those are hilarious of Dennis "cooking" or whatever you call it....