Thursday, April 26, 2012

Goals for New Job


Each year for the last 10 years of my corporate career I have been responsible for identifying and meeting annual and quarterly goals. I am trying to go into my new job as a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) with the same mindset. As I think through things that are most important to me here is my list:


1) Plan daily learning activities for each of my children

2) Get my big kids involved in extracurricular activities
     -Emma Grace = Gymnastics
     -Taylor = Tiquando
     -Both kids = swim lessons

3) Set a budget and adhere to it, with the whole family
     -I have never been much of one for budgeting. I have really never had time to budget and try to save money. I have always done things for convenience. Easy meals, housekeeper, $35K a year on childcare. Well I am hoping this changes, and I have more time to consider options in the future.

4) Limit TV time to Saturday mornings only

5) Try to cook healthy for my family

I will check back in at 90 days, 180 days, 270 days and a year and see what kind of progress I have made. I don’t think that SAHM’s get annual raises, and that is going to take some getting used to!

1 comment:

The Bost Family said...

Donto be hard on yourself if things don't go as planned. Ease into it. Sometimes a shower is your biggest accomplishment! I love you and am excited for your new career. I can already tell your going to be the best!