Thursday, April 26, 2012
Goals for New Job
Each year for the last 10 years of my corporate career I have been responsible for identifying and meeting annual and quarterly goals. I am trying to go into my new job as a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) with the same mindset. As I think through things that are most important to me here is my list:
1) Plan daily learning activities for each of my children
2) Get my big kids involved in extracurricular activities
-Emma Grace = Gymnastics
-Taylor = Tiquando
-Both kids = swim lessons
3) Set a budget and adhere to it, with the whole family
-I have never been much of one for budgeting. I have really never had time to budget and try to save money. I have always done things for convenience. Easy meals, housekeeper, $35K a year on childcare. Well I am hoping this changes, and I have more time to consider options in the future.
4) Limit TV time to Saturday mornings only
5) Try to cook healthy for my family
I will check back in at 90 days, 180 days, 270 days and a year and see what kind of progress I have made. I don’t think that SAHM’s get annual raises, and that is going to take some getting used to!