Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Desperation and Breastfeeding!

Funny the things those stress us out in life.  I am not super stressed about our move, or being a single mom for the next 5 weeks, but I am stressed that my milk supply is going down with is stressing me out about everything else.  These are some of the products that I have tried to help de-stress me, or help boost my milk supply.  I went out and spent a small fortune on the Aveda stress fix line, and I have purchased every natural solution offered for lactation increases.  Which I am not 100% sure that any of it really works.  Just for reference I do really like the Motherlove products (Move Milk Plus).  I am not sure that any of them really work because I am still stressed about my milk.  Why does being a mother put so much stress on you?





My mother-in-love and sister keep telling me to “turn it over to Jesus.” I love the Max Lucado daily devotional that my sister sent to me today entitled: “Pray About Everything”


Pray About Everything – (Even your Breast milk and Stress!)


“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7”

Rather than worry about anything—pray about everything!

Everything? Diaper changes and dates? Business meetings and broken bathtubs?

Philippians 4:6 says, “In everything, let your requests be made known to God.”

When we lived in Brazil, I would take my daughters on bus rides. For a few pennies, we could ride all over the city. It may sound dull to us, but when you’re two years old, it’s World Cup excitement! The girls did nothing. I bought the token, carried the backpack and chose the route. My only request? “Stay close to me!” I knew the kind of characters who might board a bus. And God forbid my daughters and I get separated.

God makes the same request. Stay close. Talk to me. Breathe me in and exhale your worry. God knows what can happen on this journey, and he wants to bring us home.

Pray about everything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand, Laura! This would stress me out to no end sometimes! I found that oatmeal helped A TON with milk production. But use the quick oats or slow-cook ones...not the microwaveable packaged stuff. Good luck girl!!!

Char said...

Everything - yes everything! One of my favorite scriptures is very short and to the point - "He cares for you." The God of Heaven and earth cares for you! He cares about everything that you care about and potentially stress about. I promise - He has your world in His control and He CARES FOR YOU!
Love you -
Char