Saturday, September 19, 2009

Taylor Not So Funny Story:

Lately my sweet little innocent Taylor has really learned how to play the guilt trip card, and while I should not make light of situations like these I am going to capture them in my blog so I can secretly look back on them and laugh on day.

The other day the kids and I stopped by Krispy Kream to get donuts to celebrate successfully getting our flu shots. Taylor wanted an order of 10 donut holes and a donut, so I ordered him this and got Emma Grace a donut. I said to Taylor that his sister would probably want on of his donut holes when she saw him eating them. He argued that they were his, and he did not want to share. I reminded him that his sister was the one that actually had to get 5 shots at the doctor, and he got out lucky with the “flu mist.” ( Taylor did not actually have to get a shot, but as tradition we actually always go to KK after visiting the doctor!” Again he argued that they were his and he ordered them, and I came back with “Taylor we are a family that shares,” and this went on back and forth a couple more times. Finally Taylor said “fine mom I will just give my sister all of my donut holes so you won’t think that I am a bad son anymore.” Wow, is all that I have to say about that comment. I told Taylor to knock it off, but I was floored that he has learned to put the guilt trip on so thick at the grand old age of 5.

1 comment:

Char said...

;-)
So thankful that my children are grown and my job now is to spoil and love and laugh at their offspring.