Sunday, December 14, 2008

What Another Wonderful Weekend….

Yes, we had another great and busy week. Don’t feel obligated to read all this I just felt compelled to catch up on my notes since we had so much going on.

Wednesday:
I finally got to go to my UMW (United Methodist Women’s) Meeting. I have not gotten to go since August and it was so wonderful to hang out with these women. It is really bad that I have not been because I am a co-president and I feel horrible that I have left Catherine with all of the work, but I look forward to getting back in the swing of things this winter/spring. We went to Mimi’s Café for our annual Christmas meeting and it was so nice to just hang out with the girls!!!

Thursday:
Ryan and I went to my work Christmas party and it was a blast. This update will be continued, hopefully tomorrow, when I get pictures (words cannot do it justice and I will have to steal someone’s pictures).

Friday:
Spa day for mom!!!! Some friends/coworkers and I went to the spa and had Massages and Pedicures. It was so relaxing and so wonderful.
Taylor had is Christmas program and work and he danced and sang so loud and did such and awesome job!!! This was a much improvement from his last Jitter Bug’s performance – where he refused to sing or dance. He just stared at the bright lights shining down on him.
We also so go to hang out with Kris and Jennifer and went to have pizza and celebrated the holiday season. We don’t get to spend enough time with Kris and Jennifer, but we sure do treasure the little time that we do get to be together. While together Jennifer and I decided that we are going to start knitting with one of the church ministries. I hope they will be patient with me while I learn.

Saturday:
We got up and went to a charity Pancake breakfast that Uncle Aaron helped put together. It was such a nice event.
Then the whole family and I went and finished up our Christmas shopping. I was so trilled that I could talk Ryan into doing this with me. We were in Fayetteville during this time where they have many more hills that Bentonville. Taylor got the biggest kick out of driving up and down the hills. We just took it easy and drove around for about 30 minutes looking for hills to entertain him with. We did not feel to guilty because gas is only $1.36 right now.
Then Ryan and I decided to skip out Sunday School Christmas party and I took Taylor shopping for his daddy’s gift. I am only wondering if he can keep it a secret until daddy opens it!!!

Sunday:
Taylor and I went caroling with my UMW group at the Bentonville Manor (local nursing home). This was so much fun and so rewarding. The residences were so thrilled to see us and all the little kids that came to sing to them. I am really glad that Taylor was old enough this year to join us. One of his good buddy’s Erin was there and the two of them walked around and said “there sure are a lot of old people here.” You have to love it - little kids are so honest.
Taylor and daddy went to Lucas’s Birthday party.

Like I said these are busy times. Ryan and I were talking the other day and decided that we might as well make the best of them while they are here because I am sure we will miss them when they are gone. Well I better get going because I need to go finish my Christmas cards.

Taylor's Christmas Program (Taylor is the one on the end)

My little Bow Head




Don't they look just a like...

2 comments:

The Bost Family said...

I can't believe how much Emma looks like Ryan. I know she has since she was born but I thought it was worth commenting on.

The Timbs Clan said...

I love Emma's BIG BOW!! I swear she is just to cute
SOOOO tell me more about this knitting I want to learn to knit...