Sunday, December 7, 2008

I’ve Been Tagged

Up until a couple hours ago I did not even know what this was, but now that Mary has explained the rules to me I am very excited. She said all I simply need to do is answer the same questions that she answered and then tag two more lucky friends. Hope you lucky two don’t mind. It seems harmless anyway.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Slipppp, I love Egg Nog!!! Yum, nothing says Christmas time like a nice cold glass of Egg Nog. I don’t even know why people bother to put alcohol in something that taste so yummy.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
When I was little Santa wrapped presents, but I like to leave them unwrapped for my children. Funny story – we were not ever going to teach our children about Santa Clause. I mean, why, when you can teach them about the actual meaning of Christmas. What more beautiful a story then the Birth of Christ, our lord and savior? We have never even mentioned Santa to Taylor, but it was a nature evolution for him and he truly is a “believer”. So we are trying not to bust his bubble, and we try to play along with the whole Santa Clause thing, but secretly (for now) I wish we did not take any part in it.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?
I love white lights on a house, and in a tree. But my baby boys loves colored lights; therefore, we have lots of colored lights in our house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I usually do, but I did not see any for sell last night when we went to see the Christmas lights.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
The day after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I love ham, and dressing.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
One year my sister and I got a little red wagon for Christmas, and inside of it were two white Macy’s bears. My sister and I wore that wagon out dragging each other up and down the driveway.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I don’t think I ever believed in Santa. I am a very logical person, and we never had a chimney. My mom tried to play this magic key game, but I never bought it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, presents are meant for Christmas.

10. How do you decorate your tree?
I have lots of big colorful ornaments all over the tree and hanging for the ceiling. Everything on the tree is plastic and child proof, and I like it that way so my babies can tuck and feel them.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Dread it – hate the mess. But I do like to pack up Taylor and take him to my moms house to sled – I guess I just like to bring the mess to her house plus she has really big hills.

12. Can you ice skate?
Did when I was little.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The red wagon I spoke of earlier.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with friends and family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pecan pie and anything mint chocolate (mint during the holidays is my all-time favorite – right up there with Egg Nog).

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

We go to see the Christmas lights in Fayetteville.
We get a Radko ornament each year that symbolizes something monumental from the past year.
And finally my most favorite tradiditon, is packing up and going to Alabama to visit my family.

17. What tops your Christmas tree?

An explosion of gifts, ribbons, and miniature balls. (Sometimes I outdo myself.)

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
I love to give, especially to those that are less fortunate than us. We had the privilege of buying for 4 kids this year that would not have had a Christmas otherwise. If anyone is interested we did this thru the Bentonville Caring and Sharing organization.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?

Silent Night

20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?

Yuck – too messy and sticky, and I only like mint chocolate.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
To see my baby boy smile. He wants toy weapons this year.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Yes, four and they are all so much fun. We have our KD alumni party, our Sunday School party, my Work party, and our United Methodist Women’s party.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJ's?

Dress up – I don’t like to go anywhere or have any pictures taken without my makeup on.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Ryan has a camo one – does that count?

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
All of our family, and we love it. Merry Christmas

The lucy two that I tag are Nene, and DeAnna B. Have fun can't wait to read them.

4 comments:

The Bost Family said...

Wait to go sister. I remember our little red wagon too. Remember when we tried to tie it to the back of our bikes with a bandana. we weren't real successful.

Char said...

Oh good - I'm glad I got tagged! You know how I LOVE to talk and tell!!!
;-)
Hugs,
Nene

Jen Hottinger said...

It's this is the first time you've been tagged, it's about time!! I love your blog, Laura...it's motivating. Hope all is well.

The Bost Family said...

I can't wait for you to update your blog with some new pictures... I am having Coble withdrawls.