Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Green Initiative

Introduction:
As many of you know I am very committed to saving our earth. Unfortunately I have never known how to gain a broad audience, and my efforts have been confined to my home and those closest to me. By the encouraging words of others, I have decided to try my hand at educating more widely.

Background:
I have to say that my passion for saving the earth came to me in a unique form many years ago. It was in the form of a little old lady who wore all Red, White, and Blue and called herself Aunty Litter. Aunty Litter came to talk to my second grade class, in Birmingham, AL, about recycling. Her message was: that if Americans did not change their ways that there would not be an earth to live on in 50 years. The big take away for me from Aunty Litter, 21 years ago, was the importance of recycling, and as research and science has evolved over the years I have truly taken it to heart. I continually ask myself what I could do to insure that my children, and their children, and their children have a beautiful earth to live on like I have.

Commitment:
I mark this day as the day that I will launch my Green Blog. I will make every effort to fill it full of tips and tricks for saving the beautiful earth that our God had entrusted us with. I’m not claiming to be an expert or to know all the answers, but I will do everything that I can to insure that I provide you with meaningful and accurate facts. My intentions are not to offend anyone, but simply to help broaden my readers understanding of the things that are impacting our environment and what we can do to change these trends.

As always I welcome your comments, and your suggestions for topics to blog about.

You can visit my blog entitled Laura’s Green Living Blog at: http://laurasgreenblog.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Char said...

I am so glad that you are doing this!!!!