Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Well it all started Christmas Eve and the fun still continues on today. On Christmas Eve we spent the evening with Ryan’s mom and family and had so much fun. This year instead of gifts for everyone we attempted to enjoy a good old fashion Christmas with fun and activities. Char (Ryan’s mom) got the grand kids the night before Christmas Eve and they all spent the night with her making Cookies and working on a Christmas skit for their parents to see when we joined them for dinner on Christmas Eve. It was really fun and they go to focus on the real meaning of Christmas and not just the toys.

On Christmas we spent the morning at our house letting Taylor enjoy opening his gifts. Emma slept thru it all, but oh well there is always next year. Then we headed over to my parents for Lunch when we had a blast. My dad is back in town from Baton Rouge and it is just so nice to have the whole family safe and sounds in one town – under one roof. I am going to miss my parents when they are both gone to the “Red Stick” for real. Back to the story – after lunch we headed over to Ryan’s dads for dinner. It was a very busy day and we were all exhausted by the end of it. But it is so nice to spend it with family.

But leave it to us to continue to exhaust ourselves because on Friday we got up and headed over to Alabama to visit with my extended family. But we had to wait until Ryan got off of work on Friday afternoon before we could head over. Taylor spent the whole day asking my what time it was, and I would tell him and then ask him why he was so interested (he has never given a second thought to the time before). But his response was “I am ready to go see my Aunt Gwyn (my mother sister).” I knew exactly how he fells because growing up I could not hardly contain myself when waiting for a trip to see Aunt Gwyn. She is such an amazing women and has a way about making everyone she comes in contact feel so good about their self. I hope I can be that type of influence on kids one day.

I am so fortunate because all four of my grandparents are still living, and we try to take advantage of the opportunity to visit with them during Christmas. I wish it could be more often but it is just not easy traveling to Alabama with little ones. When we were at my mom's parents on Saturday we counted up 44 people who were all in the house at one point. My cousin Austen leaded over to my Memow and said “does it make you feel good to know that you has a big part to do with all of these people being here.” She just smiled. I hope I have a family that big that still comes around one day.

While in Alabama we are staying with my Aunt Gwyn. She has two 9 year old twin grand girls and Taylor has really taken to them this year. Yesterday they spent hours outside playing on the farm by their self, and Taylor did so very well. Thank you Alison and Brianna for taking such good care of them!!! I have also gotten the chance to spend some time with my cousin Laurie who I have adored my whole live. She has always been such a big influence in my life and I love her dearly.

I will post pictures when I get back home. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

1 comment:

Char said...

I am so glad to see your post today-I miss you guys when I can't read my daily dose of The Coble's.
So glad that you all are safe and having fun.
Love and Miss you all -
Nene/Char
PS - Don't let me forget to tell you about Taylor and Pimento Face.
;-)