Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful Day 16

Today I am so very thankful that I get to be at home with all four of my babies for the next 9 days, with no interruption of school or other silly stuff like that!!!  We are going to bake (because I need the extra calories - NOT, but we are going to do it anyway), we are going to make Christmas ornaments, and we are going to prepare for our house to be full of family in just 4 short days, and at the end of the 9 days we are going to start decorating for Christmas. 

Side story: I really want to put a Christmas tree up in our basement, which is our playroom (where the kids and I spend so much of our time).  And I want to fill this tree full of all the homemade ornaments that my kids have made over the past 8.5 years.  Well I was telling Ryan this and told him that meant we needed to get a new tree for the upstairs, so we could use our old tree for down stairs.  As I was talking through this with him, he had the most marvelous idea.  He suggested that we get a real tree for upstairs!!!  Yippee!!!  I thought I was done with real trees, but I think that would be so wonderful and make the house smell so very good.  I am really in the mood for Christmas this year, and when I say in the mood I am ready to decorate and read my kids books about the birth of Christ our Lord and Saviour, and I want to bake cookies with them, and make candy, and drink Egg Nog.  I have not felt like this about Christmas in so long, it always felt like such work (since kids came along), but this year I am ready to start new traditions in our new home. 

Oh yea - and I am so thankful for another date night tomorrow night!  This is number two in two weeks, but Ryan and I crave our one on one time.  We honestly believe that monthly date nights are the best thing that we can do for our children and for our marriage. 

So many blessings to be thankful for!

No comments: