Friday, March 18, 2011

Thoughts and Reflections

Having two babies growing inside you at the same time is very exciting - don't get me wrong. But it is also a little but scary, especially when they are babies 3&4 in the birthing order. I told Ryan 2.5 years ago that I was not sure if we should be done having babies. We debated and thought about it, and ultimately we put the decision in God's hands and said "He will determine if it is meant to be." Well I guess He (God) thought it was meant to be, and sent the message twice as strong! But like I said it is still scary thinking about raising 4 children, birthing 2 at the same time, and making sure to spend equal time with each of them, not to mention the $37,000 in childcare that we are looking at annually. So I have often found myself reflecting on scripture, and finding peace in God's teachings. I ran across this today, and thought I would share. Babies or not we all get scared and need something to help pick us up and keep us going.

Isaiah, Chapter 23 - “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; YOU ARE MINE!” The Lord says that, as His people trust Him through times of trouble He will not leave them. Whatever the experience of those who belong to Him, He makes a promise using images that recall the historic Exodus event “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord Your God!”

Isaiah, Chapter 40 beginning at the 28th verse: “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and they young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

1 comment:

Char said...

Awesome scripture - if God is for us - who or what could possibly dare to go against us. I'm praying for peace for you and Ryan as well as two m ore healthy beautiful babies.