Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Memaw and Bill Bill Update

I thought that I would post about Memaw and Bill Bill because there have been some changes to their health status, and we could use all the extra prayers that we could get right now. Bill Bill was released from the hospital about 3 weeks ago, after being in the hospital for over two months after his open heart surgery. After about two weeks my mom and her siblings had to make the decision to put him back in the hospital because he was not doing well. Right now he is in a rehabilitation hospital and seems to be making progress. Which is great news. However yesterday while my Memaw was having a CAT scan they discovered that she has some slow bleeding in her brain. They rushed her to a bigger nearby hospital. They are trying to get her blood pressure down, so they can work to stop the bleeding. They did determine that she probably had a stroke about 5-10 days ago which could be a driver to this. I think she has been so stressed out about Bill Bill that some of this is a result of that extra stress. I just pray that the doctors figure out how to correct the issues that she is having, and that Bill Bill will continue to make progress in his healing process. This has been so heard - both of my grandparents have always been so strong and on the move that this breaks my heart to see them start to slow down and have health problems.

I will post on their progress. Ryan and I are going to try to take the kids to see them over Memorial Day weekend and I really look forward to this time we will get to spend with them.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

We'll keep them in our prayers!