Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Funny Taylor Story

This morning while Taylor was lying in bed I snuggled up with him and asked him “what he told his daddy that he wanted for breakfast.” He replied “two pancakes,” and then said “do you know how I told him to cut them?” I said “no.” He said, with animated karate motions “in two halves mom.” I said “cool! What do two halves make Taylor?” Thinking he would say “a whole” because we have been studying fractions. Instead he said “two perfectly symmetrical pancakes mom.”

Taylor you are so very smart. I am pretty sure there is going to come a day when you know way more than I do. I love you little boy!

(Notes for context: Ryan gets the kids up in the morning and gets them started on breakfast, while I finish getting ready for work. Taylor sneaks into our bed every night and sleeps with us. Taylor is very picky about how he wants his pancakes cut. Sometimes he wants them in longneck strips, triangles, short-neck strips. Yes I did say longneck and short-neck strips! )

No comments: