Saturday, May 22, 2010

Kindergarten Celebration

Taylor had his Kindergarten Celebration on Friday and it was marvelous. All of the classes sang and preformed, and this mommy cried and cried. I just can’t believe that my baby is already done with kindergarten – what is next high school and then collage and then his is completely out of my house. They sang a song that Taylor’s Nene taught him a loooong time ago, it was “I am a Promise” and it brought back so many wonderful memories of Taylor singing it when he was just a toddler, and it brought joy to my heart to hear these children sing this song.

I am so very proud of you Taylor you are such a smart child and you have learned so much this year. I just have to ask you to “please quit growing up so very fast.”

After the celebration we went back to Taylor’s classroom and they had the sweetest little awards ceremony that I have ever seen. Each child received an award that was well thought out and presented to the children. Taylor received “The Most Inquisitive Student” award. That’s right my boy you keep asking all those questions – that is how we learn!!!!

After the celebration they allowed for early dismissal and Taylor and I spend the whole day together going to toy stores, and eating lunch at this favorite place – The Olive Garden! It was a very special day.

I do have to apologize to our grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, etc. for not telling anyone about this event. I did not realize the production that it was going to be until we got there, and saw all the kids line up on stage. I wish you all could have been her for this, but good news is that I have it all on video to share!















2 comments:

Char said...

I am so very proud of you Taylor Lee - you are such a big PROMISE! I loved singing that song with you and I love answering all of your questions. You are growing up way to fast.
xoxoxo
Nene

Audrey said...

Congratulations Taylor on Kindergarten graduation! You are such a smart and amazing boy. Since you're so smart, could you please figure out how to slow time down and then let the rest of us know??

Love you! Aunt Audrey