Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dick and Jane is Done Baby

Lately all Taylor wants to do is play his Star War’s Wii game. So in order to sprinkle in some fun learning in with our video playing Ryan and I challenged Taylor to read his 400 page Dick and Jane book. We told him we would buy him the game of his choice for this Wii. Well Taylor finished his book yesterday, one week before his deadline!!! Taylor we are so proud of you, and how very smart you are. You and daddy went to Wal-Mart today and you picked out the Indiana Jones Wii Game.


Two funny things:
- If I ever hear another Dick and Jane story I will poke my own eyeballs out.
- Taylor is so very frugal. He has all kinds of money and gift cards saved up (in his wallet fund), and he refused to buy anything with it. He has enough money saved up that he could buy several of his own games but he will not do it. This is why Ryan and I choose to bribe him with a video game, well that and we thought we would shoot ourselves in the foot if we had to watch anymore Star War’s Wii! We really are so very proud of you Taylor. For you know that you are supposed to give your money to the church, or put it in your collage savings.

3 comments:

Basham said...

Laura - I love this story! I totally think Daniel and I will be exactly like this! You guys are great parents and I love the humor that you challenged Taylor because I can only imagine having to hear the same game over and over again!

Char said...

Way to go Taylor!!!!!
I'm proud of you young man.
Love you bunches,
Nene

Jenny said...

Just wait...you will be going from "Dick and Jane" to "Captain Underpants" in no time! ; )