Monday, February 22, 2010

Bill Bill Update

I am actually looking at the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life, right this minute. I have been here in Alabama with my family this weekend celebrating my Bill Bill’s 80th Birthday. On Saturday Mary, Emily, Taylor and I snuck down here (on our $118 round trip plane tickets!) to surprise our family and to have some good old fashion time with our grandparents. So back to what I am looking at (at 5:00 am) is my Bill Bill trying to catch some sleep in his tall back chair, while wearing his with Long John’s. Cute I tell you – I don’t dare take a picture but this is a moment I will remember for the rest of my life.

I love my all of my grandparents so very much, but my Bill Bill has always had a way of making me feel so very special. And right now I feel helpless, for he is so sick and down in his health. On Wednesday he will go in and talk to the heart surgeon that will potently do his surgery this week. Last week he had a Heart Cath, and the results were not what we wanted to hear. All 5 of his major arteries are blocked, and his mitral valve has a very bad leak. He is looking at having to have some major surgery in order to get all this repaired, and he is very scared. He is not sleeping at night, and he can’t sit still. He tears up all the time, and I tell you there is nothing heard than seeing someone who has been a rock in your life tear up.

We could certainly use continued prayers right now as we face this upcoming week. Prayers including: that the doctors can fix Bill Bill’s heart, and huge prayers that would help him and my grandmother find peace and the ability to calm their nerves through this experience.

I don’t think I have ever shared how Bill Bill got his grandfather name with my blog. As tradition would have it the first grandchild always gets the rights to name the grandparents. Well in this case my cousin Travis was about a year old, and he was over at my grandparents house, and Memaw (my grandmother) was trying to get my granddad’s attention. She said “Bill”, and he did not respond, so she said “Bill” again (he has always been really hard of hearing). And for then on out Travis has always called him Bill Bill.

A special thank you goes to my wonderful husband Ryan. Over the past three weeks I have been in Arizona, Colorado, and now Alabama. And on Friday I will be back in Colorado. Ryan does such a phenomenal job with the kids while I am traveling, but I know what a hard time it is to be a “single parent” for a few days.

1 comment:

Char said...

Thank you for the update Laura. We have been wondering how Bill-Bill is doing. Ryan and Emma Grace are doing good. Poppy and I watched Emma Grace on Saturday while Ryan went to the Saturday morning meeting. Then we went to Britain's birthday party and got to help entertain Emma again. I will check on them again today. Take care, have fun, make memories and know that we are back home praying for peace and health and wholeness for your precious Bill-Bill.