Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cake Ball Galore

Yesterday Mary and I spent all day long making cake balls for our Sunday School Christmas party and our UMW bake sale. It was a lot of fun but it was completely exhausting. I think we made roughly 300 of them. We made chocolate, red velvet, and a new creation coconut. They were all wonderful! Here are some pictures of our work (aka my messy kitchen).

These Cake Balls are so very good!!! We got so may complements at the party last night and at the bake sale today. We are thinking that we should go into business together.

I love all the time that Mary and I have been able to spend together lately. For the past couple weeks we have been getting up and going walking together at he Fitness Center. Did I mention that we are getting up and leaving at 4:45!!! Yikes – it is early but we are really enjoying our time together.




5 comments:

The Bost Family said...

Dear sister, Please do not post double chin pictures of me anymore! I enjoyed spending saturday with you making all those balls!

Char said...

I didn't even notice a double chin! You look beautiful Mary.
On a different note - mmmm..... cake balls!!!!
Where do I have to go to get some?
'-)

said...

A cake ball business?? I think the possibilities are unlimited. A clever logo, slogan, cake balls of all colors and flavors, seasonal ones that look like eyeballs for Halloween, baseballs, basketballs, Christmas balls......towers of cakeballs that form a Christmas tree.
Why not? You could do custom ones with initials for a wedding. Fancy ones in pastels with lacy icing like petit fours!! Go for it, girls!

Audrey said...

Wow! If you can get Mary to agree to come out of cake ball retirement, then Becky should be your marketing director! She has great ideas!

ebull21 said...

Can I join in on this business? I don't know about cake balls, but I can do some mean baking, when I don't drop it on the floor.