Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

I love Christmas, and everything that it stands for. I love that this is the time of year that we remember Christ’s birth. I love that when I ask my two year old “why we celebrate Christmas?” she says without hesitation “Jesus is Born.” I love that my 6 year old baby boy can recite the Christmas story backwards and forwards. I love that my children love Jesus and have a relationship with Jesus. I love Christmas!

I also love the excitement in my children’s eyes when they open Christmas presents, and the anticipation of waiting to open their Christmas presents. This year was much like every other year, except we did not make them eat breakfast before opening gifts! We got up (Taylor got us up) and we dug right into the presents, everyone was happy and playing with their new toys, and I started making breakfast. Before we ate, Ryan and I pretended that we forgot a gift, and we had the kids help us find it. We actually saved their big gift for last (and actually it was a series of three gifts). In the first really big box was a set of Disney maps, in the second even bigger box was a large stuffed Mickey and Minnie dolls, in the third huge box was a kids version of “plan your Walt Disney Trip” book. It took Taylor a few minutes to understand the concept, but their big gift this year is a trip to Disney world. We leave at the end of January and are there for 9 days. We are pretty excited about some special family time. I wish I had some pictures but with all the excitement I guess I forgot to take some.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!!





Taylor's gift to his daddy (Taylor wrapped it):


I love my family of four.
(I wish I had gotten up and put on makeup, but it did not happen)

My little Princess, she loved her new nightgown.

She prised around and twirled around all day long.




My sweet Little boy, and Aunt Emily in the background.
Thank you for spending Christmas day with us sis, we love you.

2 comments:

The Bost Family said...

I love all your Christmas Posts! Thank you for the update!
Aunt Mary

Audrey said...

What an awesome gift to the family! Can't wait to see all the pictures from your Disney vacation.