Friday, November 21, 2008

Weekly Update

What a crazy week. Secretly I am really ready for my parents to come home because it has been extra hectic around their house this week. In my last post I updated everyone on the baby horse. Well the horse is going to make it, but my parents old farm dog Clementine was not so lucky on Tuesday night. We believe the same animal that attacked the horse attacked Clementine, and she passed away on Wednesday. Sad story but that leads me to the hectic part of our week. My wonderful husband is bound-and-determined to catch this animal that is attacking my parents animals, and he has spent several late night out at their place looking for the darn things. We’ll go back out there tonight and try one more time and then we are going to hire the work out to my mom’s vet’s son who does this type of thing periodically.

We seriously would not have made it thru this week without the help of my parent’s friend (aka “farm extraordinaire”) Johnny. Johnny is helping my parents build a fence and a barn, and just helping them do some odd project around that house that they are not going to be able to get to since they are now in Baton Rouge. Well Johnny came over on Sunday to help load up the mother horse (who is a pain to load). Unfortunately she is so hard to load that Ryan and Jonathan would not have been able to do it without Johnny. Johnny also found Clementine on Wednesday and rushed her to the vet, and stayed with her until they told him they were not going to be able to save her. Then he took her body back to the farm and buried her with her brother up on top of the hill. Keep in mind my parents just met Johnny a couple months ago. What kind of person does that for someone? Well Johnny does, and to our family he is proof that angels do walk among us. I know that you will not read this Johnny but thank you for everything. You are an inspiration for all, and a reminder of how we should live our lives daily.

On a more exciting note Thursday night at Wrestling Taylor would get hurt and run over to me and ask me to "kiss it and make it better", and Ryan would yell "there is no kissing in wrestling." Taylor and Kenneth are pretty cute during their practices. Even when they are not paying attention they are pretty cute. I truly believe that the coach is going to help break them of that soon though!!!

Taylor also got his hair cut on Thursday and Ms. Tammy made him a Mohawk (see pictures below). He thought that it would make him tougher for wrestling. But he did not make it all night long. About 30 minutes after we got home he came to my crying that it was hurting his head and he wanted a shower. It must have really hurt if he wanted a shower!!!

Taylor with his Shirt on backwards:


All the kids had to take their shirts off to play a game:

Taylor bossing Kenneth:
Taylor's Mohawk
Taylor's Mohawk


Taylor in his wrestling head gear:

Emma Grace:

2 comments:

Char said...

Taylor Lee - looks like you aren't too crazy about the head-gear! You are cute as can be.
Love and Hugs,
Nene and Poppy

Scott said...

Oh my goodness Laura! Taylor is the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to hear that funny things that are going to come out of Aidan's mouth one day. And that is too funny about the, "no kissing in wrestling" rule. LOL. How sweet!