Sunday, November 9, 2008

Busy Weekend

We have had such an eventful and wonderful weekend. Friday started with an afternoon of hanging out with Mary and Lucy. And then our dear friends the Lewis’s came over to have dinner with. All four of the kid’s played together and it was a lot of fun. I think Katherine and Emma will be good friends just like Kenneth and Taylor. Plus Ryan and I loved catching up with Ellen and Brad.

On Saturday we all headed our separate directions. Ryan got up at the crack of dawn and went deer hunting, where he shot his first doe of the season. Now our freezer is packed full of deer meat (which I hate but I am determined to learn how to cook it this year). Taylor Emma and I went shopping for Taylor’s wrestling gear. I just can’t believe my baby is going to wrestle this year. Next we went to hang out at my parent’s house to wish them farewell as they took off today for Baton Rouge. (We miss you already mom and dad).

At one point today I was reminding Taylor that in two weeks he gets to go to Branson with his Nene and Poppy and he said “yes, (while he drug a fist thru the air) I get to take a day off of Arkansas.” He is so excited about this trip – he so looks forward to it each year.

Tons going on, and below are some pictures to remember the good times by.

BTY – this week American history was made. Regardless of our political preferences I did feel it noteworthy to mark this day for my children to remember. On Tuesday November 4th the first African American (Barack Obama) man was elected present of the United States of America. Taylor baby you have been saying for the past year that you wanted Barack Obama to be president because you liked his name (you thought that it sounded like a dinosaur’s name). You were also very cute pronouncing his name – I have it for you on Video you will have to watch it one day.

Emma and Lucy


This one is for you Emily (Taylor with Emily's old dino):

Taylor and Kenneth
Taylor and Kenneth
What a mess boys!!!
Emma and Katherine
Those eyes will make you melt:
Emma and Lucy
Taylor and Emma
Emma and Lucy (Tummy Time)
Lucy
Roy, Susan, and Emma

6 comments:

Char said...

OMG - you did have a busy weekend!
You all managed to pack a lifetime into one weekend.
Congratulations on the deer Ryan - I know that put a big smile on your face.
Molly and David - good luck in Baton Rouge. I know that Molly will have that place figured out and running right by the end of the month! ;-)
Taylor - I love the way you smile when you and Kenneth are together - definitely little boys having fun.
Emma Grace - my little beauty queen! You are already getting lots of favorite girlfriends to play dolls with.
And Laura - what can you say - you keep the whole thing organized and together - always with a smile and lots of love.
Hugs,
Nene

The Timbs Clan said...

Hey Laura
I always enjoy your blog and hearing about your children!!!I wish I had a freezer full of deer meat I only get to enjoy deer meat when I go to my moms..LOL
My dad is a big hunter so I was raised on Deer meat but like you I dont know how to cook it. I tried once an it was horrible!!LOL

Char said...

Taylor - Poppy and I are very excited about our upcoming Branson weekend!
We will have LOTS of fun - promise!
xoxoxo
Nene

The Bost Family said...

I wish my eyes were as big as Emma Grace's, You are going to have a hard time saying no to those big brown eyes Laura.

Char said...

I'm glad I don't have to worry about ever saying "NO" to Emma Grace.
;-)
Hugs,
Nene

Tootsie said...

Great pics! I always enjoy reading about your family. I have a picture very similar of Audrey with those same huge brown eyes. Miss Emma Grace is a beauty, no doubt about it!